September 1, 2008

Tighter Pants

Originally written at 8 weeks along....

So my pants have been getting tighter and tighter as the weeks progress. I come home from work and show Scotty’s my “dunlops” and all he can say is “looks like you need to start exercising.” (So all of you that are thinking, wow, he is so insensitive, stop. He didn’t mean it to be mean, okay. Don’t comment me on what he said, kay? I’m just sharing a story) I really don’t think Scotty has learned quite yet that I can cry very easily at comments like this. I proceed to tell him, "I lost 3 pounds ya jerk. My stomach is gonna get bigger whether I sit here all day eating twinkies, or if I exercise every day of my life. It’s called a growing baby." Needless to say, he shut up for a minute. He had to qualify his reponse by saying that the exercise would just make me healthier and be able to handle labor better. I told him epidurals make someone handle their labor better. I continued on to eat my twinkies. Yes, plural. And I liked it.

3 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

Screw the exercise, just get the epidural! I used to have a HoHo every night before bed...and sometimes 1 or 2 during the day!!

The Stiles Family said...

It is all about you right now!!!! All that matters is that you are happy and healthy for the baby. Who cares how much weight you gain:)

Tell Scotty you need to go buy some cute maternity clothes!!!

mommyreview.com said...

It's ok I ate green tea ice cream and ginger cookies every night before bed!! hehe and Kelli is right it's just an excuse to do more shopping hehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...