November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

So instead of having a huge Thanksgiving this year, full of cooking, football and naps, the family decided to just hit up the Thanksgiving Day buffet at a local casino. It wasn't nearly as fun as eating homemade stuffing and potatoes, but it served a purpose this year. I think the funniest part of the day was when Scotty's mom told us (while we were eating) that she had a 21 pound turkey in the oven at that moment. Apparently she wanted us to have turkey leftovers, yet the idea of going to a buffet was to not cook at all. I think this was the first and last year we will be hitting up the buffet. Anyway, we ate a lot, came home and took a nap. We have a very busy weekend ahead of us, full of shopping, a comedy show, and yikes, another buffet.
Here are some things I am thankful for this year...
  • this child in my belly that never stops moving
  • all the family is healthy and happy
  • all my animals are healthy and happy
  • my blackberry
  • my laptob
  • my 3 months of maternity leave that I will have soon
  • a great husband that rolls me off the couch at 8 pm and shuffles me to bed
  • a body pillow
  • being able to take a nap whenever I want
  • text messaging
  • TIVO
  • and many other superficial things that make my life easy and happy

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

Bill and Paige said...

I like your new background!!

Is there a reason that Jared's stocking is WAY smaller than yours and scotty's? Tell him I'm going to get him a nice big one so mommy and daddy have to fill it with lots of toys!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...