November 22, 2008

A sweater recall, really?

So I'm at Walmart this afternoon, looking through the clothing. I found this fantastic sweater in the juniors department. I think it was actually a sweater dress, but I figured it would work as a maternity sweater. It was super stretchy, and would look cute with jeans and heals. I fell in love with it and decided to buy it in two colors. I go up to the register to pay, and the lady goes to ring it up. It comes up saying "cannot sell item." The lady is like "sorry, you can't buy this" and puts it in the go backs. "No, no, no, what do you mean, I can't buy this?" I said. "The computer won't let you buy this....it's probably recalled or something but you can't buy it." I proceed to tell her in a snotty tone that there is a huge rack of these lovelys and I want to buy it. It's got a price tag on it and I want it. "Well can you find out why, please?" She continues to tell me it is recalled or something I make her get someone else and they say the same thing. She walks away with my pretties and says she is pulling them all from the rack. After I walk out pissed off, my thoughts went like this...
  • If it's on the rack, let me buy it
  • If it has a price tag, let me buy it
  • How does a sweater get recalled?
  • Will the fabric poison me?
  • Why couldn't you just override this for me, since this actually fits my expanding belly and your real maternity clothes there suck ass
  • Walmart sucks.
  • If the sweaters are there next week, I'm starting a riot.

2 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

What is the world coming to when you can't even buy a sweater that is in a store and has a tag on it! Perhaps you should have said if you can't sell it to me, I'll just take it for free!

mommyreview.com said...

I would be ANNOYED too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...