The day started out at 8 am when we arrived at the hospital. They checked me in, put all the baby moniters on me to hear Jared, did the most painful IV ever, with the thickest needle ever, then took my blood to get it typed and crossed for the transfusion matching. After about an hour and a half, I got some tylenol and some benedryl in my IV. I never thought Benedryl was so good. I was high as a kite within minutes, so relaxed and could barely speak. It was so wonderful to feel so relaxed. I nodded off to sleep as the first bag of blood started. I slept for about 2 hours before the Benedryl wore off. Then I was awake and Scotty and I watched TV and had lunch together. I proceeded to have two more bags of blood and then had to hang out for 1 hour afterward to make sure there were no reactions. Jared did fantastic and by the end of the second bag, he wouldn't stop moving! Neither of us had any reactions, which was a blessing. We were out of the hospital by 3:30 pm, while the labor and delivery floor was busting at the seems with women trying to win the New Year's Baby prize.
So we are home now and Scotty is out trying to find a place to get some food. I can't wait to see how much more energy I am going to have now that I have more normal hemoglobin levels! Maybe I will even go to the gym...but let's not get crazy.
Happy New Year to everyone!
I hope you all have a great 2009....I know we will!



6 comments:
Glad everything went well. I was thinking about you! It's pretty surreal being in L&D, isn't it? Here's to you have more energy...at least until the little bugger shows up:) I don't know about working another month. I would've had the Dr write me a note:)
I'm glad everything went okay.
The doctor was ready to write me a note 3 weeks ago.....but I am trying to be a champ, well, and save up some disability pay.
Did you hear anyone giving birth while you were there?! I'm glad everything went well and just think, next time you are there you will be going home with Jared in your arms!!!
Wow Ali...way to spend the day. I am glad everything went well and you are feeling good. You are so close to meeting Jared...soone he will be snuggling in your arms. Take care of yourself.
I heard a baby cry, but that was all. I told Scotty that if I heard a lady scream, I was stumbling out of there even with the bag of blood attached.
Post a Comment