February 18, 2009

38 weeks down, 2 to go

Life on maternity leave before a baby comes is relatively uneventful. I try and find some things to do during the day, but I find myself exhausted all the time and no motivation whats so ever. I do go to the swim center a few times a week and walk in the water for an hour. It's been a bit too cold to walk, but I am desperate for some contractions so I think I will make Scotty take me out every day this next week when he gets home from work. The one thing I have found that is interesting by staying home is to watch my animals and what their daily routines are. Big fatty Jake hogs the bed the moment Scotty gets up and sleeps there all day long, until Scotty gets home from school at 3. He doesn't even come out to eat or pee. Elwood cries for a half hour every morning just as Scotty leaves for work. The only thing that will calm his anxiety is to put him to nappy time under a blanket on the couch or to put him in the pack and play in the front window, so the sun will warm him up. He will sleep all day until the moment he hears Scotty's car and then is at the door waiting for him. He then follows him around like a shadow and will cry if he doesn't get to cuddle. Patches O'Houlihan is my shadow. She constantly wants to sleep on my belly and will climb on me in the morning when I try and sleep in. She likes to always be in the same room as I am. Sammy always wants to cuddle and she tries to climb on my lap, but she is like 80 pounds and doesn't feel too good. I think I will take her on some walks this week as she is getting a bit hefty. Hopefully I will have something more exciting to talk about in the next 2 weeks!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...