February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Last Thursday, the 19th was by 29th birthday. I was slightly depressed since now I am only 1 year from 30. When I talked to my mom, she was like, "don't worry, when you hit 65 is when you get really old..." Thanks mom, you always know how to put a different twist on my irrational fears. Anyway, since I had the day off, well I have lots of days off, I decided to do some nice things for myself. I started the day with some Happy Birthday french toast, followed by a nice shower, and then off to a Happy Birthday pedicure. The nice people at the salon took one look at me when I walked in, belly and all, and sent me straight to the massage chair. It took them about 20 minutes to get to me, but I didn't care. I had an OK Magazine, reading all about Jessica Simpson, and US Weekly, and my feet soaking in a nice hot tub of water. The didn't do a very strong foot massage, as they were worried it would induce labor. I tried to convice them that that would be OK with me. But oh well, it still felt good. I decided on a nice bright pink for my toes, thinking that would be pretty to look at during childbirth. Hopefully I won't need my toes done again before Jared is born.
After my pedicure, I did some real quick shopping, and then stopped at Qdoba to get myself a Happy Birthday burrito. Later on that day, I got my eyebrows waxed....it had been a month! Yikes! (I couldn't go into labor with eyebrows so horrific) When you're Italian, you must stay on top of grooming, it can get out of control.
One of the girls from work stopped by with a cake and a gift certificate for a pedicure. They sure do know what I love!
Anyway, it was a good day and I am glad that it landed on a day that I felt like a human! I had enough energy to go out and do a couple things. Now, the countdown begins until I am out of my twenties for good....

3 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a nice and relaxing day:) Being 30 isn't too bad...it's actually kinda fun!!

Too funny about the pedicure place not wanting to massage you hard. I went today and specifically asked for a male so I could get a hard foot massage. Let's hope it works:)

Michelle Wing said...

I'm glad you had a fun and relaxing birthday! Next year you'll be running around after little Jared.

Kimi said...

I love reading your blogs because I can just picture you telling me that story in person-you're so funny! I'm glad you had a nice birthday-mommies always need pampering!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...