Jared is 1 week old today!
We have survived our first week with our little boy. Of course 3 1/2 of those days were spent in the hospital, but we mostly took care of him the entire time! We are exhausted in the middle of the nights, but Scotty does the 5 am feeding so I can get some sleep. Our days and nights are planned around a 3 hour time schedule, which leaves little time to do anything else, especially if Jared doesn't get back to sleep in a timely fashion. Jared has had a big week. He's been to the doctor, to the grocery store and we go on walks every morning. He's been fantastic in his carseat which makes these outings doable. We are working hard at getting him back to his birth weight. As of Tuesday, he has about 8 ounces to go. He eats every 3 hours, which is fine during the day, but it gets hard at night! I think I even tried reasoning with him when he wasn't eating. Scotty quickly came and gave him formula and sent me to bed since I was slightly losing it! Scotty and I have both been peed on this week and I smell like rotten breast milk all day long. But we don't mind. We laugh about it all and look at our little boy and think how wonderful our little family is. Can't wait to see what week 2 looks like for us!





3 comments:
OH, I thought I was the only one who begged and pleaded with an infant to eat at 3am!!
Looks like you guys had a fun week:) Enjoy Scotty being home and take advantage of it! Bill's going back to work next week:(
I forgot to tell you how great you look!!
He is so adorable, and you look fantastic! Isn't it amazing how you can survive on such little sleep?
Post a Comment