You are almost a big 1 year old! Mommy is anxiously awaiting your big birthday party. I had to explain to Grama why we were doing up so big, but I told her that it was more of a celebration of Daddy and I surviving the first year! You had a big month once again.
You found out that you are having a baby brother this month. Mommy and Daddy have started working on your new room so baby brother can have your old one. I think you will highly enjoy the monkey theme….since Daddy has called you “Monkey” since you were born.
You have successfully learned to feed yourself! Mommy thought this day would never happen! I can finally hand you a cheerio or yogurt chip and you take it from my hand and put it in your mouth!
You have become quite the beggar when it comes to food this month. When Daddy and I sit down on the couch to eat dinner, you come over, stand up and open you mouth wide for us to give you a taste of what we are eating. You take a couple bites then go on your way to chase a kitty.
You love your cardboard books. We find you laying on your belly turning the pages and then you end up throwing the book. But you do love them. We have removed the books with paper pages, since those were getting destroyed very quickly.
We are in Novato this week with Grama and Grampa and Daddy is away on a trip with his buddies from college. Daddy calls every day and you try and grab the phone from me. Grama has been showing you Daddy’s picture every day and you look at it and say “Dada.”
You finally got your second tooth, just yesterday! Daddy was so excited when we told him and he can’t wait to see it!
You are “cruising” more and more these days. You will walk as long as you are holding on to something. You walk the length of the couch to get to the kitties to torment them. You will walk down the hallway holding one of our hands, but still have no desire to do it on your own. We know one day you will just start running and Mommy and Daddy will be chasing you…well, Mama will be waddling.
Mommy and Daddy are so excited that you are turning 1! We love you so much and can’t wait for you to be a Big Brother!
We love you tons and tons. If we had the choice of who to pick out from heaven, it would have been you.
Mama gives you 8 million kisses.
Sitting in Grampa’s high chair. This chair is over 60 years old and Grampa was so excited to get a picture of you in it. Mommy is searching for her picture in it, but Grama says she never took one. Hmmm. (I guess it pays to be a bit of a Hoarder…you can have these precious moments with your grandchildren)
Walking with your lion in Grama’s kitchen. It got slippery with your feety pajamas, especially because they are too long for you!
You love the 1980’s dishwasher and oven because they are black and you can see your reflection in it. I was secretly hoping you would break them so Grama and Grampa would have to get new appliances.
You loved playing in the kitchen. We were hitting the ball back and forth to you!
This is what happened when Grama told you “no” because she was cooking Mommy some dinner and the oven was hot and we didn’t want you to burn your little baby fingers.
You got to go see Great Grandma and all the scary old ladies at the home.



3 comments:
you are so mean with..."those scary old ladies"...that's your grandma you are talking about!!
I can't believe they are almost 1. I remember last year this time as we all waiting anxiously for their arrival. Where did this year go?
Grama ain't scary. It's the other old dementia ladies that I can't be sure of.
I'm so glad we were able to see you and Jared this month. Happy 11 months!!
Post a Comment