February 10, 2010

Daddy Vacation

I sent Scotty to Vegas this week to see some old friends.  He desperately needed a “Daddy Vacation” since I am not much help around the house these days.  He was so excited to go, and so was I because it gave me the excuse to go to Novato to spend some days with my mom and dad. 

He landed last night at around 9:30.  I decided to ignore that phone call because I had just fallen asleep and knew why he was calling.  But then the phone rang at 12:40 am and I panicked thinking something was wrong.  Oh no, nothing was wrong.  Just my wonderful husband, partying it up at Pure Nightclub at Caesars with Huck and Sam.  He had just finished his 4th shot of vodka (mind you, this man doesn’t drink and I have never seen him drunk!) and proceeded to tell me all about his night. 

Scotty and Sam were sharing a room at Caesars and they didn’t have it available when they got there so they got upgraded to a 2000 sq. foot suite, with 2 bathrooms, 5 flat panel TV’s and a couple of bedrooms.  Too bad that they have to go back to a normal room tonight, since it was a one night only thing.  Huck did his best to try and sweet talk to front desk to get them to stay in the room the whole time, but it didn’t seem to pan out that way.  When I hung up the phone, all I could think about was that this scenario reminded me of two movies, The Hangover and What Happens in Vegas. 

Scotty called me this morning, hung-over, and searching for some Advil and Gatorade.  We laughed about last night and I told him to go find some famous people for me and have them sign a napkin!  (He didn’t bring the camera)  He said he’d do his best for me.  J and I miss him already, but know that he needed his “Daddy Vacation” so badly.  Have the best time Scotty!  Can’t wait to see you on Friday!

2 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

let me know when mommy's vacation is!?!?

The DeShazers said...

Someone mentioned the other day that Zippy gets to go away alot...I don't think they realize that is a vacation for me too!! Enjoy your daddy vacation!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...