Well, we made it. We officially made it a year and also got through a first birthday party. Thank goodness I don't’ have to do this again. Oh wait, I do, just next year…hmm. Oh well. It was fun, but parties are a lot of work. Jared turned 1 on Friday, the 12th. I sent him to the babysitter for the day since I had so much to do! I felt bad not hanging out with him on his day, but I figured it was much easier to mop and clean when he wasn’t hanging on my legs. My mom and dad came up that morning and helped me with the cakes and the Costco shopping. I finally got everything done and felt prepared for his little birthday party the next day. The party wasn’t huge, but it was fun. We hung out, talked and laughed, ate some cake and opened presents. Jared loved all his friends that came to play. He did great that day and I was tired!
Auntie Sandi, Uncle Will, Andrew and Joshy couldn’t make it to Jared’s birthday because Andrew got to play in an All-Star basketball game at the Reno Events Center that day. They came by on Friday and gave Jared his birthday present…sandbox toys for his new sandbox!
On Jared’s actual birthday, Friday, I gave him some rice krispy treats for dessert instead of cake. I didn’t want to ruin the fun for his party the next day. I think he enjoyed it. Of course, he did need a bath afterwards.
Party day! He looks rested and ready!
The big people cake and Jared’s cake.
Before Jared got his cake!
Mmmm. That looks yummy!
Not bad.
I wanted him to get messy and he was being so particular about eating his cake. All he would do was stick a finger in the frosting and lick it. I had to try and get him to get a bit messy.
Melody was in love with Jared and had to be a part of the action. She decided she should feed him some of his cake.
Melody and Jared’s love affair continued after she fed him some cake. I think we caught them kissing.
After the party, Emma came over and played. Jared showed her all his toys.
After playing, they decided they wanted to have an eating contest. Graham cracker fishies were the best.
Jared’s new ride. The best part is that we can push him around from the back.
Looking at his new toys he got.
Out of all his toys and clothes, he liked a birthday card the best. He wouldn’t stop crawling around with it in his mouth.
Melody showing him love again.
Thank you to everyone who came and enjoyed the day with us. Thank you for all his wonderful presents. Thank you Grama and Papa for allowing us to have the party at your house. Thank you to Grama and Grampa for coming up and helping me out that day. We love you all!



3 comments:
I'm sorry we missed your party Jared but it looks like you had fun! Happy Birthday!
Looks like such a fun party! Wish we could've been there.
Yay, happy birthday, J! Love those birthday cakes :)
Post a Comment