June 3, 2010

Love Letter

Dear Jared

It’s been almost 3 months since I have written about you and all your milestones.  You are going to be a Big Brother in 2 weeks, and mama wants you to know how much I love you!  I will have to spend tons of time with your brother and I don’t want you to think mama doesn’t love you!  The time in the hospital will be the first time ever that I will be away from you.  I am dreading that and I am sure that I will be calling Daddy crying, asking him to bring you to me (even though you probably won’t cuddle with me.)  I already miss  your three tooth grin :)

In the last 3 months, you have learned to walk really, really fast.  You also look somewhere other than where you are walking, and I cringe when you get close to a wall that you are about to nail yourself with.  But it’s all about learning, and that is what you are doing. 

You have taken some nasty spills, just one the other day that mama still feels bad about.  I tried to get in front of you and you were too fast, and fell behind me and knocked your chin on my heel and bit your tongue!  I was SO UPSET that I thought you would never have a tongue again!  But you rallied and was fine after a couple minutes.  Mama is still upset!

You love being in the kitchen.  You can throw an annoying tantrum when you can’t get in the kitchen.  You have your magnets on the fridge, your Tupperware drawer (which for whatever reason, you are licking each piece as you bring it out) and the curtains on the sliding doors.  For whatever reason, you LOVE curtains.  You stand there and grab them and move them around and can do that for hours.  You love going into your room too, since you are just tall enough to reach the ones in your room.  Sammy loves it when you are in the kitchen.  There is always some bit of food or drink on you that she can lick off.  You are so good, you let her.  And when you are eating, you put out your hand for her to “clean them off” for you.

You are eating anything and everything these days.  Gone are the days of baby food jars.  It’s getting hard for Mommy and Daddy to get creative with your dinners and lunches.  It’s easy to give you something fast, so we try and make sure you have something healthy and good for you.  The Schwan’s delivery service has lots of good ideas for babies…grilled cheese, veggies and your favorite, french toast sticks.  You LOVE peas.  I try and give you some with each dinner.  You have learned to tell me when you want bananas.  You yell LOUDLY “nanas, nanas, nanas.”  If you are in the kitchen and are hungry, you walk to your high chair and wait (impatiently, I might add.)

You are still the best sleeper.  I hope that is something you will teach your baby brother.  We have been keeping you up a bit later at night, since you were playing in your crib for at least an hour before you fell asleep.  We figured, you would get more tired hanging out with your toys and us for a bit longer…and it has worked.  You tire yourself out so much, that you are asleep within 10 minutes!  You have so much energy that I wish I could keep up with you.  One day, maybe after I actually work out again, I could!  You NEVER sit down.  NEVER.  I try and force cuddle with you, and you want nothing to do with it!  Only if you are sick, do you want to cuddle. 

You are learning to climb.  We have successfully moved anything in the house that was climbable.   You find anything you can, and I see you lifting your foot on it, looking at me to see what I say, then trying to pull yourself up.  We have even caught you trying to climb out of the bathtub!

I love you so much!  I can’t believe that in a couple weeks, you are going to be the Big Brother!  I can’t quite imagine life right now with two babies, but soon it will be a reality.  Thank goodness Daddy will be home all summer with us. 

I love you tons and tons.  Mama gives you 8 million kisses.

Love, Mama

2 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

I can't wait to meet Jared's little brother! If you think J is a handfull now, we can switch and you can see what energy a two year old has!!

Bill and Paige said...

hayley licks all the tupperware too!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...