October 15, 2010

Mama Got Crafty

I stole this fantastic idea from a family friend and have been wanting to do this for a while now.  Basically, if you take bleach and water and spray it on a black shirt, it turns orange.  So I picked up a black shirt for Jared (there weren’t any for Jakey…boo) and got crafty.  I think it turned out okay for my first time!

Directions:

Mix half water, half bleach in a spray bottle

Cut out a cardboard design

Tape it to the shirt

Put cardboard under the first layer of the shirt so the bleach doesn’t bleed through.

Spray and set in the sun

Once dried, rinse in the sink, then wash it in the washing machine once on it’s own. 

IMG_0810

IMG_0811

IMG_0812

(This is just a couple minutes after I sprayed the bleach)

IMG_0820

Final Product!  (After being washed)

I’d like to give a shout out to Mitzi Mandel for allowing me to steal this idea!  Thank you for sharing!

2 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

I LOVE IT! I'm going to have to do that for Andrew. I don't like any of the Halloween shirts they have out this year.

Bill and Paige said...

so cute! we'll have to do that next year...got too many halloween shirts this year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...