November 14, 2010

Northstar!

Jared and I had the pleasure of going up to visit Michelle and Andrew at their cabin at Northstar.  They are always so gracious to allow us to come up there, mess it up, eat the food, and clear out just before the week starts again.  Jen and Grevin came up as well, and Michelle’s friend Priscilla with her 1 year old daughter, Sophia came too.  We had such a wonderful time, playing constantly, eating and having tons of girl talk.  It was the perfect getaway for the weekend, but I am so exhausted. 

My little joy of a child snuggled with me both nights, including a mid day nap, in a twin bed.  He kept crying in his crib, so this sap of a mom snuck him in bed with me and we slept.  I even tried sneaking him back into his crib, which just made me pick him back up 15 minutes later.  He tends to be a bit of a pillow hog, even though I gave him his own.  He apparently wanted mine, and to also sleep with our noses touching.  Such a sweet little snuggler, but man, was my back and joints sore!  I slept in such weird positions to accommodate my little darling.  But I’ll tell you, I secretly liked the snuggles.

Friday night we took our kids to a bar.  That’s right mom and dad, our babies were in a bar.  The Chocolate Bar, silly!  Except they weren’t serving food that night.  Weird. 

The bartender got a big tip.  He remembered what Michelle and I drank, from the last time we were there.  Awesome. 

IMG_1028

I had to hold the boy to keep him from redecorating the inside of the establishment.

IMG_1035

It sure was chilly outside!  But we tried out our new ski jacket.  Ooh, and a new hat.  He even kept it on.  I think he realized how cold it was outside.

IMG_1063

We went back inside and built a fort.  The kids just stood up on the inside and it knocked down.  That was a hoot and a half.

The next day we ventured back into Truckee and went to the children’s museum again.  It was so busy, and this mama was exhausted. 

IMG_1072

Here is my boy knocking things down with a cart.  Mind you, this was right after he stole the cart from a little girl, and took her dolly and tossed it out of the cart. 

 

IMG_1074

Andrew was having a great time jumping through the castle. 

IMG_1075

He even walked right up and knocked the whole thing down.  You should have seen Michelle running after it to try and catch it.

IMG_1076We built, I don’t even know what it’s called, but something that little balls can roll down and fall into a bucket.  

building

Jared even got into it.  Of course, this was after an older kid was trying to make a course, and Jared kept ripping off the tubes, so the kid gave up.

IMG_1084Jared rode a horse.  Well, he sat on a saddle.  But that’s as close as I am going to get him to a horse.  

IMG_1077

“Put your damn sippy cup down!”

IMG_1089

“Mom, my spike is fine.  Leave me alone!”

IMG_1087

Anything that spins can keep him occupied for a while.

IMG_1091An enclosure for the kids!  We trapped Jared and Andrew in the middle of the train tracks.  It gave us a few minutes to rest. 

shopping

After naps, we drove back into Truckee to do some shopping.  The kids did well, and talked us all out of buying things.  Daddy would have been proud.

IMG_1094

We ended up back at a bar.  But just the outside.  I mean, it was still daylight :)

This is where our old Girls Weekends used to end up.  Now, it’s just a faint memory, as we walk by it, pushing strollers and sipping hot cider.

IMG_1101

The next morning, before we left, I let Jared run around outside.  He LOVES those trees! 

IMG_1099

The snow is melting!

Than you girls, for a great weekend!  It was a great time!  Thank you again, Michelle, for allowing us to come visit you in your cabin! 

1 comment:

Michelle Wing said...

We had so much fun! I'm glad you and Jared were able to come and hang out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...