Finally, Scotty and I snuck away. We haven’t ever left the kids but needed it so bad! We ran off to Vegas for a couple days and met up with Lisa and Erik. The time was so wonderful but I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. I was determined not to sleep away our time, so I powered through my days with no naps and staying up late! It was hard, but well worth the fun!
The guy in the seat in front of us gave us his free drink coupons so Scotty and I started our vacation right then! Screwdrivers on the plane ride at 9:30 am!
We checked into the Luxor and then went over to the MGM Signature to meet Lisa for lunch.
We liked to say that Lisa used her Government contacts to score her room, but she insists she got a great rate on the Internet. Her “standard” room had a king bed and a couch, granite counter tops, a TV in the bathroom, a kitchen with a blender and a patio! I was sincerely jealous especially since I saw Brad Garrett (from Everybody Loves Raymond) getting in the elevator in the same Tower as Lisa’s room was in! I’m sure he got to choose the button that said “PH” instead of “Floor 3.”
After a quick lunch, Lisa and I started our Margarita tastings. Basically, we would sit at a slot machine with $10 and whoever won had to buy the round of drinks. After playing some Deal or No Deal, slot style, we got ready to go to dinner at the Grand Lux at the Venetian. I ate my steak and potatoes which I had been craving for ever! We had some great conversation and great drinks and then headed off to Fremont Street.
Fremont Street was not all that fantastic and not somewhere that I need to go to again. It was full of locals and carzy costumes and ladies dancing on bars in ugly bikinis. We quickly went into a casino, and the four of us sat at a Paigow table for about 2 hours while keeping the waitress busy serving us. Scotty had 4 drinks! The most I have ever seen him drink! I guess having children turn you to booze. The best part was that we were only down $10 after Fremont Street!
Scotty and I made it until about midnight and then crashed in our beds. Scotty got up early the next day and went to The Gun Store and shot some World War II guns. He had such a great time shooting and I was glad he was able to go. Especially since we went there the day before and the line was 3 hours long so we left.
While Scotty was out, I got up and dressed and went over to Planet Hollywood because I was going to meet Lisa to go shopping at the Miracle Mile shops. While I was waiting for Lisa, I was walking around the casino searching for coffee and secretly looking for celebrities. Holly Madison (Hugh Hefner’s ex-girlfriend and the star of Girls Next Door and Holly’s World) lives in Vegas and performs nightly at the hotel, in a adult show called “Peepshow” which we saw that night. I must have had the best timing in the world (for once in my life) because she was in the casino shooting for the show Extra! There wasn’t a lot of people hanging around so I just kind of stood there and started watching. A few more people started hanging out and then the producer starting talking to the crowd about what they were doing there. They were interviewing people about Charlie Sheen. They told us about some custody battle and wanted our opinions. He looked at me and said “You! I want you! You look like you are opinionated!” He called me and two others up there and we got to meet Holly and get prepped to shoot our interview! We did a few practice rounds with Holly and then the producer kind of told me what to say and then we shot it for real. We did 2 takes. I stood to Holly’s right and then another girl and a guy stood to Holly’s left. In between takes, I was able to chat with Holly. I told her I was going to see her show that night. Then we were chatting about Charlie Sheen and all the custody battle rumors. She even said she liked my scarf! I was in heaven! I tried not not get tongue tied and just be cool but it was so hard because she is so beautiful and famous!!! The producer took a picture of us afterward. Not sure if my interview ever made it on the air, but it was supposed to air that night. I never got to see the show, but maybe I can go on Hulu and check it out! I was so bummed that Lisa and Scotty weren’t there so I got on the phone and no one answered! I called Scotty 3 times and he didn’t answer but he couldn’t believe it when I told him later on! Lisa was mad she missed it!
Lisa and I went on to the Miracle Mile shops and shopped, met the boys for lunch, then went on to Caesar’s Forum shops for some more money spending. We went to the Melting Pot for dinner and then to Peepshow that night.
We had front row tickets to Peepshow and had such a wonderful time. The show was awesome. It was funny and star studded! I’m addicted to watching Holly’s World on E! so seeing Josh and Holly in the show was just the BEST! Josh is an amazing signer and just stole the show with his talent!
We were so exhausted from our trip and I never stopped all day! My back hurt, my head hurt since I was fighting a sinus infection, and I was so tired, but it was so nice to get time away. I missed our kids so much and I couldn’t wait to see them after their naps on Wednesday when we got home.
Thank you Grandma and Papa for taking amazing care of our boys. You always do so much for us and this was just so appreciated and we are so greatful for you helping us.



1 comment:
I'm glad you had such a great time! Bummed we couldn't go with you, maybe next time.
Post a Comment