October 4, 2011

One Last Trip

I took my last trip to Novato for a while this last weekend.   First off the weather is going to get bad soon and I don’t drive when it even gets windy.  Secondly, my mom is having one of her knees replaced next week and taking my children to her home after a surgery is just mean.  Mean for me!  It means I can’t go shopping or she can’t change diapers!  Just kidding!  Well, kinda. 

Anyway, I only took Jared which was Heaven on Earth and such a treat to go from having two each day to only having 1.  This meant I didn’t have to have my Dad meet us at the train station in Sacramento to drive us the rest of the way, so I could sit in the back with Jake while he freaks out for 2 hours.  It meant that I could actually stop the car and go to the bathroom because I could safely take one child with me.  (Didn’t realize the Target in Davis is so fancy!  I was tempted to shop there when I stopped there at  8 at night, but decided the Target in Novato was the next best thing.)  Anyway, we arrived Thursday night and stayed until Sunday morning. 

First on our agenda was shopping.  It’s always front and center.  Isn’t it for everyone?  Paige?  :)

One of my fave things was going to Pioneer Park.  This park is a childhood favorite of mine.  I used to go there all the time as a kid and it was fun to bring my son there to experience the joy I had as a baby.  Except it’s all different now.  Those big cement slides aren’t there (anyone from Novato know what I’m talking about??) and of course the playground has now change.  Okay, but there weirdest thing of all in this park is that there is also a cemetery there! I remember as a kid I used to go pick flowers for my mom (meaning I took them off the graves) and give them to her.  Oops.  (BTW, with all the changes at the park, I did ask my mom if the dead people were still there.  My Dad slapped his hand to his head and walked away and my mom said in a condescending voice “Yes, the dead people didn’t get up and walk away.”)  But the overall feel of the place is the same.  After an hour I had to tell Jared the park was going Night Night so we could leave.   It was a fun outing and I can’t wait to bring Jake back!

Did I mention Jared slept good that night?

IMG_4223 IMG_4219 IMG_4221

IMG_4224

There was a cool water table there with a real faucet that was too high for him to reach so all I heard was “Turn the water on Mommy!  Turn the water on Mommy!”  And it wasn’t the kind you can just turn and walk away.  It was the kind you have to hold to keep on!  But he had fun. 

By the way, my awesome husband has this grand idea of keeping Jake home with him and sending Jared with me.  And it was a good thing for Jake.  He didn’t cry one time the whole weekend.  He never got a toy swiped, got pushed down, or got hit on the head with a puzzle.  He got to do whatever he wanted and played with whatever he wanted.  He got one on one time with Daddy.  He got to experience life as an only child.  Good weekend for him.  Since we have been home he hasn’t stopped whining. 

I did more things over the weekend…so more posts to come. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...