June 29, 2012

2nd Birthday

Dear Jake

You turned 2 the other day, and I’m late writing you your letter.  Probably because, well not probably, it’s because I was spending all my free time figuring out a new discipline plan for you.  You are a tough one, a spirited one, a hard headed one, but a sweet one.  You love to love, you love to play, you love to cuddle.  You don’t love when things are not on your terms.  And you show it.  Boy do you show it.  You run us ragged, but you have drive, and drive will get you lots of places in the world.

You love to sing and dance.  You can do it all day.  Except your dancing looks a little more like you are trying to jump but your feet don’t ever leave the ground.   You sing like we all can’t hear.  You sing loudly. 

You require 15 minutes of snuggle time the moment you wake up in the morning or from  your naps.  And lately, you have been requesting/requiring/screaming until I sit with you for 15 minutes the moment I get home from work, or if I sleep in (shocker!) in the mornings, I better put my coffee to the side and sit with you first.   The snuggle time you get really puts you in a better mood for the day. 

You love to go into my closet and find my shoes and put them on and walk through the house.  If I leave a  headband out, or a necklace, that is on too.  But you LOVE shoes.  Mommies shoes.  You sport high heels with a gigantic smile.  Daddy says its good for your balance.

You talk a lot!  You are actually a lot cleared in speaking then Jared.  You have a sweet tiny voice.  But it can get loud and you can scream!  You know all your Sesame Street characters and Mickey Mouse characters.  

You LOVE reading books.  You will read our entire library if we had time.  If Daddy or I sit on the floor, you immediately grab a book and sit on our laps.  It’s sweet.

You are a great sleeper and haven’t learned to climb out of your crib yet.  I plan on keeping you in there as long as humanly possible.

Love you tons and tons.  If we had the choice of who to pick out from Heaven, it would have been you.  In a heartbeat.

Mama gives you 8 million kisses.

IMG_7839 IMG_7890

IMG_7585 IMG_7523 IMG_7583

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...